Welcome to Year 6!
Teachers: Mr Coombe, Miss Jefferson, Mrs Greer Support Staff: Mrs Raven, Mrs Rowson
The final year at primary school is an exciting and important milestone in a child’s life. We aim for them to enjoy it and to achieve highly. Although we feel SATs are important, we place great importance on all other areas of the curriculum and enrichment activities to ensure that children always remember their last moments with us. Parental support is essential in motivating and engaging children with their learning. With this is mind, we ask you to support us in the following
- Ensuring that children read at least four times weekly
- Ensuring that children complete their weekly homework tasks including learning spellings
- Ensuring that children come to school with the items they need for that day such as: PE kit, spelling books, reading bookmarks, homework books, any letters that need to be returned and a school bag
- Regularly checking your emails as we no longer send paper letters home
Year Group Curriculum Information
Here you can download our long-term plans and knowledge organisers to find out what we will be learning about in school this year.
This year, our topics are:
- A Child’s War where we will learn all about what life was like for people in the UK during the Second World War
- Frozen Kingdoms where we will discover what happened to the Titanic, what life was like on board and what life is like in some of the coldest places on Earth
- Hola Mexico where we will investigate what life is like in Mexico as well as learning all about the Mysterious Ancient Maya people
If you have any further questions or need support, advice or guidance on how you can help your child, please do not hesitate to get in touch via the class email addresses: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org