Welcome to Year 1
Teachers: Mrs Britton, Miss Davy Support Staff: Mrs Dodson, Mrs Boynton, Mrs Smith
Year One is such an important year for your child. During the first term we follow an early years' approach where your child will have access to continuous provision at all times whilst working in small groups on more formal tasks. This changes throughout the year as we prepare them for more structured learning and becoming independent workers in preparation for Year Two. With this is mind, we ask you to support us in the following
- Ensuring that children read at least four times weekly
- Ensuring that children complete their weekly homework tasks including their Read, Write Inc books which detail which sounds we have been working on that week.
- Ensuring that children come to school with the items they need for that day such as reading bookmarks, homework, water bottles, any letters that need to be returned, a school bag and wellies when we are planning to work on the school field.
- Regularly checking your emails as we no longer send paper letters home
Year Group Curriculum Information
Here you can download our long-term plans and knowledge organisers to find out what we will be learning about in school this year.
This year, our topics are:
- These are the Days of Our Lives where we will learn about our past and how we grow and change. We also learn about how schooling has changed over time.
- Bright Lights, Big City where we find out about The Great Fire of London and also about material and seasonal changes.
- Oh we do Like to be Beside the Seaside where we will take a school trip to Bridlington and learn about animals, fish and creatures, classifying materials, exploring places and how the seaside has changed.
When teaching Reading we use the Read, Write Inc phonics scheme. If you want any more information please click on the image below;
If you have any further questions or need support, advice or guidance on how you can help your child, please do not hesitate to get in touch via the class email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com