Welcome to Year 3!
Teachers: Miss Barnett and Miss Cox Support Staff: Mrs Elgie, Mrs Pitts and Miss Sutton
The first year in KS2 is an exciting and important milestone in a child’s life. We aim for them to enjoy and be enthusiastic about their learning and to achieve highly. The change from KS1 to KS2 can be a challenge; however, the Year 3 team are here to support you and your child. Parental support is essential in motivating and engaging children with their learning. With this is mind, we ask you to support us in the following:
- Ensuring that children read at least four times weekly
- Ensuring that children complete their weekly homework tasks including learning spellings and accessing TT rockstars
- Ensuring that children come to school with the items they need for that day such as: PE kit, spelling books, reading bookmarks, any letters that need to be returned and a school bag
- Regularly checking your emails as we no longer send paper letters home
Year Group Curriculum Information
Here you can download our long-term plans and knowledge organisers to find out what we will be learning about in school this year.
This year, our topics are:
- Tribal Tales where we will learn what life was like in the Stone Age right up to the Iron Age
- Tremors where we will discover the dangerous and ferocious world of natural disasters and take a glimpse into their savage and deadly effects.
- I am warrior where we will investigate what life was like for the Romans and we will discover what they did for us.
If you have any further questions or need support, advice or guidance on how you can help your child, please do not hesitate to get in touch via the class email addresses: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org