Our Aims and Ethos
Anlaby Primary should be a place;
- Where everyone feels valued and respected.
- With a warm, happy, calm, safe atmosphere where everyone enjoys learning and working together.
- Which has learning and teaching at the heart of everything that it does.
- Which celebrates achievement and recognises success.
- Which has consistently high expectations for all and where academic achievement is not the only measure of success.
We should be developing children who;
- Are confident and highly motivated with a good self-image who are fully involved in the life of the school.
- Think positively.
- Behave well and tolerate, care and support each other.
- Can think for themselves, show initiative, are open minded and have a love of learning.
- Achieve to the best of their ability and fulfil their own potential.
- Represented in the organisation of the school.
- Who feel part of the wider community.
Our Ethos, Curriculum, Working Practices and Environment will achieve these aims because:
- Our ethos will value all children as individuals, raising self-esteem and creating a positive atmosphere through our interactions with the children and each other.
- Our curriculum will be broad, balanced and creative with many opportunities for first-hand experience. Teaching will take account of learning styles and all abilities. SATS will be important but so will the development of the whole child through the arts, and subjects such as PSHCE, and striving to be a healthy school. We aim to teach the children life-skills to equip them for tomorrow’s world.
- We will be a performing and effective team who support each other and work for the positive development of our children.
- We will be open, honest and supportive of each other, setting positive examples to the children.
- Our environment will be attractive, calm, ordered, safe and stimulating.
- It will celebrate the achievements of the children and stimulate and support their learning.
- It will look bright, colourful and make an impact.
- We will develop positive relationships with parents and the wider community.
- We will support children in developing British Values to feel part of a wider community.